Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Day Goal Challenge

I love having bloggy friends! I learn so much, and I am continually inspired to write more, learn more, and be more. That is awesome. Here's the most recent...

A few years ago, I tried to commit to the 101 in 1001 project where you set 101 goals to complete in 1001 days, or just short of three years. I immediately felt overwhelmed. For starters, I couldn't come up with 101 goals and make them meaningful.  And then, 1001 days felt like a very long time. For me, the whole thing felt unmanageable and completely stressed me out. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the point.

The good news is that my friend at Breath of Sunshine introduced me to the 40 Day Goal Challenge, which she found at another great blog called Smile With Your Heart. It's perfect for the easily overhwelmed (me!) because you take 40 days to work towards manageable goals. The theory is that it takes 40 days to create or break a habit. And as an added bonus, you can reward yourself with a little something at the end. Fabulous!

This is coming at a perfect time for me. Just as my life is about to shift, as I'm about to transition to a completely different daily reality, I want guidance to keep myself focused. I have so many things that I want to accomplish and to adjust, both for me and for my family, that I'm starting to feel overwhelemed by them and just a bit scattered. Most importantly, I want to continue my Momfulness practice, maintain my focus on presence, and continue to grow in my journey in the Catholic faith. I think this is coming at a great time as Lent begins today (a 40 day period... how synchronistic!).


Just after my first Ash Wednesday service

Here is my first set of goals for February 22-April 8:

1. Blog, blog, blog! I'm thinking 3-4 times a week.
2. Run, run, run! 3-4 times a week. I'd like to reach a consistent 10:30 pace for 3-5 miles by the end of this set of 40 days.
3. Swim, swim, swim! I need to see the pool 1-2 times a week to be ready for Breezy Point in June.
4. Continue Pilates workouts 2 times a week. Maybe slip in some yoga for balance?
5. Do something special with the just the boys (at least a few times). Now that I'm at home, I definitely want to spend more time with just them.
6. Take Pacey running with me. He loves it, and what a great way to connect with him (and wear him out!).
7. Continue to resist sweets and sugar as what I'm giving up for Lent.
8. Read and discuss the Gospel readings for the week's Mass with the boys before Mass each week.
9. Schedule date nights with hubby. 1-2 would be awesome, unprecendented even!
10. Devise and implement a monthly plan for keeping the house clean and organized.
11. Organize our homework area and figure out how to keep Rowan occupied while I'm working with the boys, so she doesn't try to eat their homework.
12. Implement another meditation from Momfulness. Continue using the two meditations I've started with.

I LOVE stripes. And this has awesome reviews. It will be perfect for spring/summer runs and bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment