Sunday, April 29, 2012

Date Night

Today we finally, finally had a date night! In the thirteen months since Rowan has been in our lives, we have only had about four times where we've been out alone, and this is only the second time we've gone somewhere just for us! We definitely needed this time together. Even though it was only two hours, the result of reconnecting is amazing. We decided to go back to Waterman's because that's where we had our awesome wedding reception three years ago.
I don't think we realized how much we needed some alone time until we were walking along the beach after dinner. It is so important to find time to reconnect, and after Jon went through a statistical analysis of hours in the month versus the time you are actually on a date (I tuned out at this point), we have made a commitment to work harder at setting up date nights more consistently. It feeds our relationship. It gives us a taste of what we were before Rowan. Sometimes in the business of family and work, that part of who we were together gets lost. In the blur that has been the past thirteen months since Rowan has been born, we have ended up neglecting us. Luckily, we have a strong foundation; we can handle the stress together as a couple, but we also need these moments to be present with just each other. To recharge!

It was such a great afternoon at the beach!

I know it probably drives Jon crazy, but I always reminisce about our first months together. Those months are probably some of the best in my memory-- they were fateful; I felt it from the very beginning. It may sound cheesy, but I just knew we were meant to be. And since we are coming up on our dating anniversary, it's especially something that is on my mind. My favorite is teasing him about the kiss and run incident on our third date at Mahi Mah's! I won't totally rat him out about that, though. We still don't agree on the specifics, but I know I'm right.

The site of the kiss and run incident.

I'm so glad I'm walking this journey of life, of parenthood, of laughter, of love with the best guy in the world for me. He grounds me, supports me, and makes me laugh. I couldn't ask for much more.

Sandy feet, ready for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment